The Autodesk Revit platform based products for BIM feature an aligned user interface, giving the entire range of products a consistent look and feel. The updated Autodesk Revit platform also allows a greater level of interoperability for green building analysis, providing support for the green building extensible markup language (gbXML) format. Updates to the products based on the Autodesk Revit platform include:
Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010 software (BIM for architects and designers) enables customers to more accurately capture early design concepts with improved conceptual design functionality via:
- An intuitive conceptual design workspace to create complex geometry more easily.
- A new user interface (UI) that works the way designers think, providing a smoother and more continuous design workflow.
- Improved interoperability with programs such as AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 software, Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2010 software and Autodesk Inventor 2010 software.
Autodesk Revit Structure 2010 software (BIM for structural engineers, designers, and drafters) integrates a multi-material physical and an independently editable analytical model, to help provide for more efficient, more accurate documentation, analysis and design. Users will experience:
- Enhanced conceptual design, modeling and analysis to handle more complex architectural forms.
- Improved user interface with a new customizable ribbon toolbar.
- Improved performance and interoperability, including native 64 bit support.
Autodesk Revit MEP 2010 software (BIM for mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineers) provides customers with optimum tools for system design and building performance analysis helping engineers to make better informed decisions. The 2010 release provides new functionality including:
- Native heating and cooling loads analysis enabling MEP engineers to determine the energy demands of the building.
- Enhanced gbXML export with the ability to examine an analytical model of the project before exporting to a gbXML file.
- Improved performance of the application enabling users to see significant performance enhancements while handling and working on large project files.